Hi, I'm Luís Marques
I build things for the web.
I'm a software developer specializing in building and designing exceptional digital experiences. Currently, I'm a Senior Software Developer & Architect at SAP.Get In Touch email@example.com Copied! Click to copy to clipboard
Pioneered initiatives, architected projects and lead teams at fast pace and self-starter environments, from startups to a Fortune 500 company (#1 in Cloud Services).
Lead Software Engineer in the planning, architecture and development of a full-featured neuroscience platform to study human behavior, from conception to being used in multiple continents.
Full Stack Software Engineer, leading the development of the #1 marketplace for video games in Portugal, building it from zero, implementing ideas from the community.
Senior Software Developer & Architect @ SAP
Jan 2022 - Present
- Team lead, providing mentorship, technical expertise and guidance
- Pioneered, architected and developed the first innovative internal project that extends Gigya / SAP CDC, saving over €7,000,000 annually and 70% to 90% of time in some tasks (Customer Data Cloud Toolbox)
- Architected and restructured internal project initiatives to develop standalone products using BTP, saving thousands of hours yearly in SAP Commerce Cloud and SAP Spartacus implementations
- Created an internal course to certify SAP Web Developers to improve code quality, resulting in the skill set upgrade of 80% of the team
- Developed custom Gigya / SAP CDC implementations for some of the best companies and governments on the globe with 0 escalations
Strategy & Operations Lead @ Golens
Nov 2020 - Dec 2021
- Lead the operation from conception to a multi-country expansion in less than 5 months, starting without branding, website, product database, suppliers, delivery partners, payment system or packaging
- Developed an internal app to manage product stocks integrated with the invoicing software, enabling the quick management of over 150,000 SKUs
- Optimized the user journey by removing 50% of steps in some cases
Lead Software Developer & Architect @ BrainAnswer
Aug 2015 - Oct 2020
- Architected and built a data collection system to remotely record Webcam, Microphone, Eye-trackers, EEG headsets and sensors simultaneously by the millisecond from dozens of stations totaling more than 100 channels each, storing and organizing gigabytes in a short amount of time
- Built a concurrent signal processing system to agnostically run algorithms in 5 different programming languages, such as C++, R, Python, PHP, ImageJ
- Designed and built a powerful study creator tool with video, forms, interactive games, managing stimuli groups and randomization
- Created a user management system to support the roles of “tester”, “user”, “organization” and “admin”, including a public API for external integrations
- Developed a visualization tool, to see synchronized signals with videos, forms, powerful statistics and cross-referencing data analysis
Lead Software Developer & Architect @ GameTrade
Apr 2014 - Nov 2016
- Built and shipped the marketplace as an MVP in less than 4 months, with an innovative chat with embedded product transactions and feedback
- Created an automated database system that keeps itself-updated multiple times a day for over 50000 games, integrating third party APIs
- Developed the design language, user experience, front-end and back-end
- Created a back-office to manage user badges, reviews, videos, statistics
Full Stack Software Developer & Consultant @ Vectis
Feb 2013 - Apr 2015
- Built uniquely innovative website and e-commerce experiences
- Co-created a Web-Documentary with 3D navigation to raise awareness for the ecology in Portugal
- Interfaced with clients in a regular basis, providing technological expertise
- Collaborated with a diverse team organizing workshops and events
Full Stack Software Developer @ Routrip
Dec 2013 - Nov 2014
- Designed and built a smartphone app using Cordova with integrated QR codes and maps
- Implemented a gamified touristic routes interface with points of interest and prizes for completion
- Developed a web based app to enable business owners to buy locations and ads on the map
Front End Software Developer @ EyeSee
Jun 2013 - Dec 2013
- Developed a back-office to manage users, clients and contents of the technology
- Built a jQuery plugin to interact with the proprietary technology on any website
- Designed and implemented a demo website
Full Stack Software Developer @ GiftList
Feb 2012 - Jun 2013
- Built a crowdfunding system to share the costs of a gift to a friend
- Implemented a calendar view for event management and visualization
Full Stack Software Developer @ SMS Server
Apr 2011 - Jan 2013
- Architected (with a Patent Proposal) and built an SMS Proxy system using servers with GSM Modems to reduce costs sending SMS between operators
- Developed a web based back-office to manage bulk send of SMS, with contact groups and servers management
- Created a C++ library to manage GSM Modems, with functions to connect, send SMS, receive SMS and send specific commands
- Built the back-end connection between the user experience and the servers sending and receiving SMS
Full Stack Software Developer @ PaperPile
Sep 2010 - Apr 2011
- Built a secure user authentication system with support for sharing tables of expenses between users
- Developed and designed en inline editable table with automatic calculations
- Created a gamification section for users to manage their goals with progress and statistics
- Shipped the money management web app to track expenses, establish goals and share costs
Certain Heart Rate Variability (HRV) features have a strong correlation with the preferences self-reported by the participants.
Cloud-based eHealth platform for collection, management and visualization of physiological and clinical data, with a smartphone-based ubiquitous system for acquiring COVID-19 symptomatic measurements.
Startup pitch contest.
Secured investment for the development of an innovative project with high growth potential.
Luis is a top performer and one of the hardest working professionals I ever met, distinguished for his motivation, discipline, and ability to work independently.
...a solid background in software architecture and development, going far beyond the state-of-the-art in many impactful solutions.
Luís has shown a unique combination of technical know-how and aesthetic intuition, producing modern and robust user experiences.